Thursday, November 5, 2009

I'm Sorry


I would never intentionally hurt you
Or carelessly break your heart
I never meant to launch an arrow
Deep into your tender-most part
But somehow I did in a reckless moment
In a cold and careless breath
I spoke out of turn and I hurt you
My dearest friend on earth

There you stand, victim of my action
There I see a tear upon your cheek
Unfortunately there is no retraction
To draw back the careless words I speak
I’m sorry, for I never meant to hurt you
Darling,(dear friend) could you find it in your heart
To tell me just this once that you forgive me
As two worlds slowly crumble apart

I’m sorry, two small words with infinite meaning
I’m sorry for the hurt I instilled
I’m sorry, can this be the beginning
Of the rest of a dream unfulfilled?
If God above can forgive me
In all of His perfect glory
Darling,(friend) will you believe me
When I tell you I’m sorry?

All Rights Reserved
Janet Martin
11/05/09

If your brother sins,rebuke him
and if he repents, forgive him,
If he sins against you seven times
in a day, and seven times comes back to you
and says 'I repent' forgive him.
The apostles said to the Lord
"Lord, increase our faith!" Luke 17: 3-5

No comments: